February 13, 2011

to all the valentines haters

I used to be one. There's no moving story concerning how I stopped hating this holiday, sorry. But all of those that won't just let it go, you're really bugging me.
Stop trying to blame the holiday on the greeting card companies. It has its origins in the 3rd century BC and the earliest Valentine's "card" is dated 1417. Pretty sure that beats out Hallmark. Sure it's a completely commercialized holiday, but so is every other one, and people still seem to be buying all the crap. No one is forcing you.
Stop hating on it and whining because it's "just another reminder that you're single." Have you looked around and seen how many other people are saying the same thing? Maybe two of you should hook up and spare the rest of us your woe is me drama.
Stop complaining that it cheapens love because you should have to express your love more than one day a year. No duh. Doesn't mean you can't do a little something extra that day too.
Basically I might strangle anyone I hear complaining tomorrow. Stop being a baby and just spread the love y'all.

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I laughed out loud at this part, "Have you looked around and seen how many other people are saying the same thing? Maybe two of you should hook up and spare the rest of us your woe is me drama." I really like Valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's that? you hate valentines day?? I WHIP MY HAIR.

    ReplyDelete