February 17, 2011

baby steps

I have goals.  They're not "smart" because they don't exactly have time limits or whatever.  But I do have goals. 
One of them was to learn to like brussel sprouts.  So, I was feeling a little adventurous today.  Steamed some of these little things (they smell like nasty baby cabbage.  I love cabbage in Chinese cooking but the smell is not ok with me.) and tossed them in a frying pan with a little coconut oil and garlic and then some balsamic for a nice glaze.  

Guess what?  I liked them.  

Another one?  Not falling for idiots.  This is a work in progress but it's coming along nicely for the time being.  I've discussed this theory with Jillian.  Some girls are smart and just don't go for the players.  Some go for them because they think that they could be the one that doesn't get played.  I fall into the latter category.  And guess what?  I've never been the exception.  Luckily I'm getting a little bit wiser and learning that I'm too strong and too good for that.  So we can just say adios to them.

Now I should get working on some of those other goals.  Like learning this...

I thought I'd have so much more time!  13 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment