January 5, 2011

some things never change

Here's a little fact about me: I get stomach aches when I'm frustrated. Sometimes this frustration is brought on by legitimately frustrating things. More often than not though, it's caused by trying to untie knots or brush my hair or frost cakes. Threading needles will do it too. This particular stomach ache (I have plenty of different kinds) feels like someone is trying to pull a huge knot out of my stomach through my belly button. I don't care for it much.
Tonight I helped my parents take down the pretty tree in our living room. Last year they let it stay up till I left, but apparently March is too far away for that to happen again this year. My job was raveling the lights up. Some of them had knots in the line. So of course I started whining and kicking a teeny bit because that's the only way to get rid of the pain! My parents found this thoroughly entertaining, remarking that I haven't changed one bit from my earlier years. Then I got to hear stories about all these weird things that used to make me grab my tummy and cry. Having my hair brushed. Wearing socks the right way (the seam that touches your toes really bothered me, I'd have to wear them inside out. This of course drove my mom crazy because she'd buy cute socks that looked awful inside out.)
I just want to know what in the world happened when I was a baby to make me that weird. And is it ever going to go away?

4 comments:

  1. This happens to me too! It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear cuz - i had/ have the EXACT same issues with socks when i was little ... and now

    ReplyDelete
  3. nylons are the worst. you can't get around those seams. so glad i don't have to wear them on my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, idiosyncrasies are really something that we all have. sock seams - definitely troublesome to most children. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete