January 5, 2011

separation anxiety

This is today's conversation between me and my old folder partner from Women's Chorus at BYU:
Lauren: So I got a new folder partner today and I totally miss you!  She's so nerdy and young and awkward!
Me: Awww I miss you too!  Is she a fresh?
Lauren:  Pretty positive!  Like band geek mixed with loner girl and I feel out of place.
Me:  Oh no poor thing!  Maybe you'll rub off on her.  It could be doing her a great service!
Lauren:  Yeah maybe I could help her out.  It'll be EXACTLY like Clueless!
Me:  No, you might create a monster!!
Lauren:  But then I get to realize in front of a fountain that I'm in love with my step brother!  And I kinda want that!
Me:  Wait do you even have a step brother??  Things could get pretty weird.
Lauren:  I actually do.  But he's 17 and I'm not really into all that, but I'd like an enlightening experience in front of a fountain that illuminates at the exact moment of my epiphany.
Me:  It could happen.  Wasn't that in Billy Madison too?
Lauren:  I'm pretty sure.  I think it's a universal dream to have one of those...She could be my door into the universal dream!
Me:  See!  This girl is a ticket!!
Lauren:  I've got a golden ticket!
Me:  Maybe a golden egg's in store too.
Lauren:  And a chocolate waterfall!
Me:  I'm baffled that you were ever skeptical about this situation.
Lauren:  Maybe it was just the shock of the unknown and the separation anxiety that was affecting my ability to create fictional futures.
Me:  It's ok it happens to the best of us.

Everyone in Women's Chorus loves us.  

1 comment:

  1. You ladies crack me up! Lauren ... Mikelle will miss you and now I see why. ~ Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete