January 19, 2011

happiness hit her like a train on the track

A little obsessed with Florence and the Machine right now.  Such great lyrics.
I'm also really failing at this whole blogging thing right now.  The words just aren't coming out of my head right.  But, I had quite the week in sunny CA!  Can I just say that I have the best family ever?  Really, don't try and fight me about it.  You just can't beat us.  Apparently it's been a little rainy and overcast but when I flew in on Wednesday, I must have brought the sun.  It was perfect the whole time I was there.  And it's a dang good thing because who doesn't want sun in this place?
I went to California Adventure with my Aunt Shawna pretty much right after I got off the plane.  I'd never been before and it was great fun.  We might have been a little over the average age in the park but who cares.  And let me tell you that mid-week in January is the perfect time to go; there were no lines.  I think the longest we waited was ten minutes for California Screamin'.  Needless to say we went on everything twice.  I LOVE Tower of Terror.  We met a little girl who maybe wasn't quite so fond of it though....standing in line before, Shawna asked her how old she was.  "Six."  "Wow.  You're brave."  Then once the dropping started we only heard her screaming at her dad to make it stop.  Poor thing.  But really?  Maybe free-falling through a dark shaft with crazy lights going off everywhere wasn't the best idea for your little girl.  Give it a few years.  (The same thing happened the next day on Pirates.  I was torn between annoyance that the mom brought her five year old, feeling bad for the poor thing, and finding it hilarious that the mom was trying to make it such a positive experience.  "Oh look at the puppy, honey!"  Really lady?  It's rabid and only has three legs.  Good try though.
For dinner, we ate at Ariel's Grotto which was fabulous and then went out to watch the World of Color show.  If you have the chance to go, do it!  It is so cool!  I loved every second.
Thursday was round two, this time at Disneyland and with two of my adorable little cousins, and my Aunt Emily.  I hadn't even met little Olivia yet and hadn't seen Charlie in a few years, but I fell in love with these kids after only a few minutes.  We had a great time seeing the princesses and going to Jedi training.  We even went on Autotopia (big step).  The cutest part had to be meeting Mickey though.  Charlie had the biggest smile the whole time and Olivia was just in awe.  She wouldn't stop hugging and kissing him.  It had everyone in the room practically in tears.  Pretty adorable.
That night I got to hang out with my Uncle Sean, Aunt Emily, Uncle Darin, Aunt Courtney, and all the kids, Blake, Olivia, Charlie, and Jack.  I miss everyone already!
Friday it was off to the desert to see Grandma and Grandpa!  It was beautiful and relaxing there as usual.  We had quite the eventful night on Saturday at Augusta's too.  Never knew I could learn so much about cougars and "feeders" from my grandparents.  I'm still wishing we would have gone to Cougars that night.  Grandma's idea!
We headed back to Newport on Sunday afternoon and I went out with Courtney that evening.  It was so nice to just talk to her and get to know her more.  Plus who doesn't love Thai food and frozen banana's from Dad's.
The rest of the trip consisted of Olivia's ballet class and getting to sit in on Blake's ABA session.  It was so neat to have that opportunity because I've really been considering going into it once I get back from the mission.  I think I still am considering it too.  Monday night, I went to the beach with Courtney and Darin's sweet little family and watched the sunset.  And here's the overused phrase of this post once again, it was perfect.  I'm so blessed to have the family that I do and to have been able to see them before I leave for 18 months.  I can't wait to go back and see them again when I get home!
To end it all, I got to have that "flying home" feeling that I love so much, once again.  I love traveling.  I really hope it never stops.



Here's for you, boy.  Get out of here.


I pity the fool that falls in love with you.  Yeah, me and Mr. T.  Forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment