January 25, 2010

thought for food?

The original title for this post was going to be some clever twist on food for thought and how I think it should actually be thought for food. Upon understanding the meaning, I decided to change it...and obviously still expose my stupidity to all of you. It's ok, I don't get embarrassed easily.
This little thought came while I was running with Pat (Benetar of course). In her song "All Fired Up," the back up singers have some great lyrics that got me thinking. First, I'll tell you the lyrics. Then I'll try to explain why any of this is relevant. Except you probably shouldn't expect the reasoning to get that far.
Chorus (behind repetitive exclamations of "all fired up"):

I believe there comes a time when everything just falls in line. We live and learn from our mistakes. The deepest cuts are healed by faith.

Ok so maybe I was only thinking about the "We live and learn from our mistakes" part.
I am a fairly imperfect person and I would assume I'm not the only one. Here's a positive way to look at my shortcomings. Every morning when I wake up, I am a new and improved version of myself! That is as long as I am willing to learn from my mistakes.
This was all a lot cooler in my head. Maybe it was the endorphins.

Ok, so I'll try a little harder with the next post. Sorry folks! Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm ... maybe it was the endorphins ... haha. Just kidding Kelle. I love you ... you're a thinker! Good lines in music always make me think, especially if I can understand what they're saying! (haha) I would like to think that we all learn from our mistakes. Making mistakes has been by far my BEST way to learn, for probably most of my life. Wow! I've made a lot of mistakes too! So that would mean that I am probably pretty darn intelligent now, right? Keep that thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Food for thought", "Thought for food"? Are you kidding? This coming from the girl who scrambles brownie mix, makes brownie pancakes and can't figure out how to nuke a brownie? I love you Kelle! You make me laugh! Daddyo :)

    ReplyDelete