I can’t believe I didn’t say anything about the spaghetti episode from yesterday afternoon. We have awesome cooks at our school. Michael is the head chef and Jenny his assistant. Usually Jenny seems very stern and I’m always confused because she says xie xie (thank you) back to me whenever I thank her for something. I thought she hated us, just keep that in mind. We love Michael. He makes great food (especially bread) and is always smiling and trying to learn more English words. Because they are so excited to have us, they had an American day yesterday. We had hamburgers for breakfast (they definitely weren’t ground beef) with a plate of lettuce to eat plain. It was a little odd…but it’s the thought that counts. But the main part was lunch: spaghetti. Lots of spaghetti. Mounds of spaghetti. I walked in and thought one plate was for all of us to share. No no, they were dishing out that much for EACH of us. I thought I was going to die, but I knew we should eat all of it because they usually take note of what we don’t eat and figure that we don’t like that. So I did it. It was a beast and I think I’ll still be full tomorrow. It was so good though! Jenny got so excited that we liked it that she ran to the kitchen and brought out the rest to try and give us more. At this point we tried to tell her that she was going to make us fat. She laughed and has been smiling at us ever since. Plus we got cool pictures with them. That should explain the spaghetti pictures in the last photo album.
As for the rest of the photos…we’re going to go in order so hold on tight kids.
First is a picture of a cool mural by our flat, then Fefe, all of us, my burned leg (I left it by the space heater for too long), Epic, Sandy, Shane, Ellie, Fefe, Jim, Pepe, someone…,all of them in a giant tomato, Kevin, Beatrice, Addie, Joyce, Jerry, Josh, Aiden, Purple…yes, her name is purple, Belinda, Carson, Justin (he’s adorable and always yells “Teacher Kelle” when he sees me), Celine, Jodi, Lucy, Jordan, mmmm Hank?, Dave, Andy, Fefe, Fefe, Fefe, Epic, adorable old Chinese man, Epic, a pamelo, a few of the kids and Teacher Sarah, all of us in front of our school bus, Epic, Fefe, us at the Kaiyin cafeteria (I feel like I’m in prison every time we eat there, except I don’t think the metal chopsticks would fly in prison…), the cat that we would all like to die, Fefe and Epic, Kevin and Beatrice (they’re pretty much an item; I think they should get married when they grow up), me and the full plate of spaghetti, all of us with Jenny and Michael, I showed that spaghetti who’s boss, me and Abby singing in front of the travel agency. The end.
Then for the Jusco album…I don’t really think this needs any explanation but I’m already typing so why not just tell you?
First is a beautiful sight of a basket full of all my goodies, a tray of golden watermelon, strawberries, and dragon fruit, then cantaloupe juice, the best fruit roll-up’s in the world-peach flavored, peanut butter, banana bread (nothing like it is in America), kiwi-flavored Pringles, fresh sushi, and the wonderful mug. It was yesterday and I still get happy just looking at the pictures. I think we’ll have to venture back soon.
I also got my Chinese name today! Wo de ming zi shi Chen Qui Yang (pronounced Chun(2) Chew(1) Yong(2)). Or 陈秋阳.
And now I’m Chinese.
I'll take your word for the pronunciation. It made me laugh along with all of the rest. So do want spaghetti for your welcome home dinner in June?
ReplyDelete