November 20, 2010

baby it's cold outside

I really like winter this year, which doesn't usually happen.  I think I may be under the influence of Jillian.  She seems to be pretty crazy about it all so I figured I'd join in on the fun.  Clarification:  I am always a fan of Christmas and Christmas music, but not usually the weather at this time of year, which is to what I am referring.

17 - I realized how thankful I am that I took thousands of pictures while I was in China.  It makes it easier to not be there anymore.
18 - Hello Silk Pumpkin Spice.  You make a beautiful steamer.
19 - Chao's Market.  It's just down the street and they provide me with all kinds of red bean and aloe vera goodies.
20 - This one has a preceding story...
Once upon a time there was a quaint little house on a corner of University Avenue in downtown Provo.  It had the cutest little gazebo out front and I always wanted to buy it and turn it into a cafe.  Then one day (recently), I was running and stumbled upon my forgotten gem, only to find her in shambles and overrun with creepy construction workers who liked to say semi-inappropriate things to me.  A week or so later I was passing her again just to find a fresh coat of PEACH paint on her walls.  It was putrid.  Yesterday as I was coming home from classes with some friends, we passed the house and I let out a shriek that almost caused Adam to crash the car. It was seriously like a scene from a movie, they were dropping a sign from the roof as we drove by, and it read, "Banana Leaf:  Authentic Cuisine of SINGAPORE and Sri Lanka."  Wha?!?!?!  Ok I am so not bothered by the hideous color anymore!  It's fate, I tell ya.
So yeah, I'm pretty grateful for that.

Let it snow already!

No comments:

Post a Comment