November 12, 2010

thankful

This world is pretty.  I went running this morning and it just made me smile.  What was waiting at the end of the run (at chao's market) also made me smile.
I had a plan this year that involved saying one thing I'm grateful for every day in November.  Oh where did the ball go...oops I dropped it!  Better late than never, right??
So, it's the 12th day of the month so I shall list twelve today and continue on from there.  Although let's be honest, I'll probably forget again at some point and have to group them up again.
In no particular order...
1 - The pretty leaves.  They go crunchy crunch.
2 - The mountains.  In Jillian's words, "they're big."
3 - My rad family.  I really just think they're hilarious and some of the coolest people to be around.  Sure, I complain that they're crazy, but I guess I am too and I wouldn't have it any other way.
4 - My mission call.  Shocking eh?
5 - My patriarchal blessing.  I would be so lost at this point without it.  Really though...it's my road my map and it's super cool to have one of those.
6 - The gospel concerning the problem of metaphysics.  I sit in poli philosophy, confused out of my mind by all these people in the past that are like, "Ooooh who created the world?  Oooh does God have free will?  Ooooh does man have free will?  Wait if man has free will then God can't have free will?  Ooooh will we ever know anything?"  And I'm like, "Yo.  You're all suckers but nice try.  Thank goodness that we got word from the man Himself.  It sure makes things a little less confusing.
7 - The Book of Mormon.  For more than the logic that comes from it.  It just makes me happy and a lot nicer.  And who doesn't like that?
8 - My brain.  I like the way I think.  Narcissism?  I think we're all best suited with a little bit.
9 - The temple and the opportunity it gives me to serve others.
10 - My puppies who I get to go home and see tonight!  I don't care if everyone else is scared of them, they're just so sweet and cute and cuddly.
11 - My monkey lamp.  I don't like bright lights at night and this guy just soothes me into a deep slumber.
12 - Words.  I love that we can write and talk and make it sound however we want.  Words are power, baby.

2 comments:

  1. ... once again you made me smile! I'm so thankful that you are mine! ~ Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so great Kelle. What a wonderful idea. I think I may try to do the same thing this month. It's an uplifting goal.

    ReplyDelete