July 2, 2010

it's been one week

I guess I dropped the ball a bit on a grand exit from China. On here at least. Now I'm just home and everything is how it's always been (my surroundings at least. I don't think I'll ever be the same). It almost makes China feel like a dream.
Here's the newest: jet lag is a killer. Ok maybe jet lag doesn't actually have it out for me, but my sleep cycle is definitely off. Maybe it would help if I would stop taking three or four hour naps during the day.
Notice some changes? Of course I still think there's something beautiful in everything, but I had to give the blog a makeover. It wasn't comfortable to leave it the same. I don't feel I owe any explanation for the new, other than a wise woman put it in my mind. Watch Funny Face and see if you can pick it up. Then watch Breakfast at Tiffany's and Sabrina. And Roman Holliday. Have I ever mentioned how much I adore Audrey Hepburn? There you go.
It's weird going from a life where you're a teacher, a culture that's so foreign here (yet so feasible), and an attitude that can take on the world, to living in your parents' house again, getting ready to move back to Provo, where that little thing called what to do with my life is going to greet me warmly and then slap me in the face. It'll be fun.
Maybe I can get a better handle on life this time around.
Just in case you were wondering what I miss right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment