I got to spend half the day with some of my kids yesterday, during which I was ruthlessly ridiculed for being 20 and single. The audacity.
Here's a blip of our discussion while sitting at Cup O Snow surrounded by about ten other people who would start laughing when they overheard what was being said.
Lilly: Are you married yet?? (Had to have been the fifth or sixth time...)
Me: No.
Ameen: Were you hot when you were 16? You should really get married soon because you only go downhill from there. And you haven't been 16 for a long time...
Omeed: Maybe someday you'll see a guy and he'll be with some lady and he'll realize you're prettier and then you can get married.
Somehow, I'm still feeling okay about my situation.
Last week with A.J. was great too. It made me laugh and didn't have anything to do with my non-existant love life.
We found some Jazz player action figures in his toy bin. Boozer was there so I let him know what's up with that.
A.J.: Who are the Bulls?
Me: Michael Jordan used to play for them.
A.J.: I could beat him in t-ball.
Me: There might be some truth to that.
We also built a fort.
A.J.: This fort is awesome! Did you learn to build forts in Japan?
Yep. That is in fact where I got my fort-building skills. Japan.
Haha. Kelle you have such good stories.
ReplyDelete