Regardless of the symmetry, 2010 is coming to a close and it has been a life-altering year. Of course I had been planning to go to China for a long time before the year began, but I wasn't expecting it to have the impact that it had. I learned to love independence over there. I love that I'm a little bit quirky and I wouldn't have grown into that in this same environment here in Utah that I've always been in. I learned that I can do hard things on a remarkably small amount of sleep. Plus I found out I'm pretty good at getting around unfamiliar cities and making friends with complete strangers.
I will never stop loving my friends and family I left behind, especially my little Fefe.
And I didn't leave all of them behind...I found one of my best friends on that little excursion. And even though she's in Arizona and I don't get to see her very often, I'm sure we'll be friends for the rest of our lives.
We probably shouldn't leave out the fact that I ziplined of the Great Wall of China. Hello? So awesome.
And this was only half my year.
I got to spend the rest of my summer with my best friends. Then I got to live with them. A superb experience if you ask me. Aren't we all so adorable?
Then came the decision to serve a mission. It was totally out of left field but it's ended up being perfect for me. I've been showered with incredible experiences and people ever since my call came. I'm sure it will be killer to actually get out there.
I'm just grateful I get to start out the new year spending time with my family and friends before I peace out for another year and a half.
Life is so grand.




No comments:
Post a Comment