June 10, 2010

nice boots, man.

Khaki shorts and black rain boots. It’s a good look.
I was man-handled by the elements today. Seriously, I felt like my surroundings had complete control over me.
It was dragon raining again (still is and has been since at least 3 this morning when it woke me up) today, so I took an umbrella to school. It’s so cute; I’m excited to take it home and use it like four times a year in Utah. Because I had the umbrella, I figured I would be safe to wear whatever I wanted to. So I chose a flowy (yeah it’s a word here) green skirt and paired it with my AWESOME and very flattering Bond shirt. The umbrella was practically useless because the rain was coming down so hard that it would splash up under the umbrella. So my skirt was soaking and no longer flowy. But it’s great because my first class got to learn the word “wet.” Perfect.
Then I almost slipped/did slip: on the way into the school, on the stairs, on the sidewalk, trying to catch the bus, getting onto the bus, walking to the back of the bus, getting off the bus, walking to my flat. All slips were accompanied by some sort of Chinese sound effect that I’ve picked up, such as “whaaa.”
Then there was the bus driver. I sat in the back of the bus because it’s raised and you have breathing room, but the bounciness of the ride is quadrupled I think. I was flying everywhere as the driver swerved across the lanes.
So now I’m back home and I’m going to shower and attempt to look nice for dinner with Aaron tonight.

But first I want to talk about Sterling actually. Those who know me pretty well know the raised eyebrow thing I do. My little Sterling has picked it up quite nicely. I’ll get a picture, don’t worry. He had me almost in tears (laughing) today when he was showing me.

Oh, it’s Thursday…TWO WEEKS.

2 comments:

  1. ha love the raised eyebrow. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikelle! I tried to email you and it didn't work! Why not?! Is there a way to get a hold of you? When are you going home? I know its really soon.

    ReplyDelete