First, I just applied for a contract with three of my best friends. This fall is going to be incredible. Be very jealous. I don’t know how much awesomeness can be contained in one flat, but we’re about to find out!
Now that’s out of the way, I feel like I need to do a post of things I am grateful for (that I miss, but I don’t want to look at it that way) because a lot of things have happened this week which have brought them to my attention.
I love lists, so that’s how this is going to happen.
-America. Freedom is such a cool thing.
-Brighton Girl’s Camp. I think this might be one of the first places I go when I get home.
-BYU.
-Carpet.
-Mold-less environments.
-The gospel of Jesus Christ.
-The temple.
-My car. I’m sure Thumper misses me too.
-My incredible family. Immediate and extended. I miss all of them.
-Ovens.
-Clothes dryers.
-Café Rio. Maybe that’s a bit pathetic, but I really do love it THAT much.
-Mountains. There are “mountains” in Guangdong, but all of us from Utah know what real mountains look like. And I love my Utah mountains.
Thirteen seems like a good enough number. I have lots more but I’d rather go enjoy my beautiful Sunday than write about them, sorry!
And a quick story:
We were leaving the school yesterday when we walked past a new guard standing next to the usual guard who knows us and we always say hi to him. The new guard said something about us being pretty, so I replied “thank you” in Chinese and his jaw dropped to the ground. I don’t think he meant for us to understand what he was saying. Little did he know that we are practically Chinese now after two months, and speak a little bit of Chinese. The guard who knows us started laughing and the embarrassed guard took off so fast on his bike that he fell over. I felt bad. But it still made me laugh.
And I'm not on this list why?
ReplyDelete