Today I found out they need more volunteers to go to Russia. "They" is a reference to ILP if you missed that. So they offered to give me a discount if I'll go there instead of China. It's a conundrum.
China Pro List
-My life could be like The King and I
-The coldest it will be is about 40 degrees
-I can get stuff dirt cheap
-This includes getting my hair done for about a dollar
-Yoga is amazing
-I want to visit some Buddhist monks
-Great Wall of China??
-I want a bicycle to ride around with all the Chinese people
-Chinese kids are adorable
-Speaking Chinese may be somewhat useful eventually
China Con List
-Mosquitos
-100% humidity
-Terrible air pollution
-Cockroaches
-Avian Flu...(it's something my Grandma has voiced concern over several times now...)
-All the different tones in the language. I have no chance.
Russia Pro List
-Sing the rumor in St. Petersburg song in St. Petersburg
-I wouldn't be 6 inches taller than everyone
-Opportunities to travel to the Baltic countries and Denmark
-...that's about it
Russia Con List
-Vodka
-The Mafia
-I thought Utah was cold?
-I picture Russia in black and white in my mind, maybe this isn't a con but it also makes me cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment